EPROM Reader Problems Deleting Chip? EMERGENCY

Scott Flanagan flanaj at mindspring.com
Fri May 12 02:36:43 GMT 2000

My friend and I were reading his EEPROM (27c256) out of his 92 Bonnevile SE
(w/out Heated Winshield) and the reader would not read it.  After placing it
back in the car the Check engine light stays on.  Also the ELC fuse, which
is a 40 Amp fuse blew.  Does anyone have any ideas.  The car runs idle is
high and rough, smells rich, engine cuts out above 3500 RPM, and when put in
drive you can floor the engine and the car barely moves.  Is that limp-home
mode?  Also, it is an electrically controlled transmission.  What should we
do? Go to the junkyard and get a new EPROM?  Thanks for the help so we can
get this back on the road.

                    -Scott Flanagan