Injector duty cycle formula? Graphing diagnostics

Rex Weatherford rex.weatherford at mentisys.com
Mon May 15 14:14:16 GMT 2000

nacelp wrote:

> The main spark table is about as easy as things get to find,  with something
> like promedit, winbin, and reading Programming 101, shouldn't take much at
> all to find it.  A burner is like $130, and hunt up a spare memcal, zif
> socket and for less that $200, you can be doing it right (with hunting,
> probably could cut that in about 1/2)!.
>    While the list does go off on tangents, it's about gmecm's.  I do some
> advising, about tune-up as that relates to EFI, but when we/you go just
> looking for mechanical fixes, that just defeats what my intent is.

I've looked at Programing 101 (good stuff!) and I need to get a burner,
etc.. But haven't had time.  I'll be moving soon and most things are
getting packed up.

I'm sorry if I have overstepped the list context.  I figured if there
were mechanical problems then I should try to fix them first (such as my
possible false knock) before bothering to tune.  I'm really not ready to
program, but could be with some time studying and a few gadgets.  A
laptop of my own would be nice too.  (Kinda like your monitor problem)

;^)

> I sure hope you don't honestly mean that.
> Grumpy
>      (wonder why?)

Sorry should have put a smiley on that!  The pump, etc is original
AFAIK.  I don't seem to be having a fuel delivery problem, but a good FP
check at WOT would be nice.  I do know that 2 of my injectors are older
than the others and the old ones that are in there probably do have 110K
miles, but the spark plugs all look about the same, so can the
deliveries be off that much vs each other?  Where are you going with
that comment?  Sorry....

Is there a good list of things to replace before tuning?  Things that
are necessary?

I have a new Bosch O2 sensor, is that ok or should I have stuck with an
AC/Delco unit?

Sorry for all the questions...  In a week I'll be too busy to even think
about the car for a while so the list will get a break from me...  Then
once I get everything for programming I'll be to busy hacking and
burning for anything else right?  I really can't wait to see how bad the
car runs after I mess with it.  LOL!

Seems to me GM did a decent job but there must be room for improvement.

;^)

Thanks again.

Rex