P&H Injector Interface

Len sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Fri May 19 22:07:04 GMT 2000

At 04:37 PM 5/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, 19 May 2000 16:49:21 -0400, Len sabatine <sabatine at epix.net>
>wrote:
>
> >The General Routinely piggybacks various "Modules" on Vehicles circa late
> >80's,
> >  Early 90's, Like 4 out Buffers, D.R.A.C. etc. This Area would most
> likely be
> >  less obtrusive, easier,less costly and have improved heat dissipation
> >qualities.
>
>I missed it. What "Area" are you speaking of? Fender well by any chance?
>
> >  The most recent splice/shrink and seal connectors , plus metripacks,etc
> >appear effective and durable.
> >  IMHO,If one is going to place ckt in the engine real estate, flex Circuit
> >hi temp
> >  material may be a good plan, however this won't fit the K.I.S.S. rule you
> >are appearing
> >  to employ. Merely My 2c. Plug and Play beats Plug and Prey, hands down.
>
>Ahh, yup, and the circuitry is gonna be very small, so not much board
>area to expand/contract and stress the interconnect. But I still can't
>make out which method you're voting for; firewall-forward modules
>possibly near/atop the engine but plugNplay, or firewall-back/in-cabin
>with a hard splice in the ECU harness? Plus the area you mention/suggest
>above?
>
>Pardon the obdurance.
>
>Gar
>No Prob, Mentioned the "Factory" Scheme, which is in the Passenger
>compartment on
non Sealed Ecm's. I would think that The Passenger Compartment also offers
enhanced
"Noise immunity" for any non hardened device. Exposure  to increased noise
level and
possible 300 deg F under hood  ambient temps, plus "Hot Soak"effect under
hood are other
issues. I vote for In Passenger Compartment to Uncomplicate matters, Piggy
back on ECM.
IMHO.

Len