P&H Injector Interface

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 20 23:44:01 GMT 2000

> >There aren't any bank to bank gm ecms that I know of (other then TBIs)
> >The two wires for the batch systems is for redundancy as far as I know
> Oooops, we gotta slow down here; do you mean even on the 8-cyl
> batch-fires, all 8 injectors are wired to both these two wires??

4 go to one wire, and then 4 to the other

OR that
> in sat mode, one driver drives all the injectors on one wire. Sorry, I'm
> dense on this wrinkle still. Actually, all I'm really concerned about is
> the last question below.

The injector driver, drives them thru 2 wires.

> Didn't Mark just mention a 165? Is that a TBI ecm normally? I assume if
> you run it in "TBI mode", then each wire is driven separately?

The 165 has just one injector driver.
The 165 ecm can be wired for saturated up to 8 injectors, or 1- 1.2 injector
driver in P+H mode.

> >> On sequential ecms, I assume one wire per injector. If any of these
wire
> >> injectors in pairs, two inj per wire, please let me know.
> >One per
> Good, excellent.
> >> Also assuming nobody's going to go below the normal TPI P&H inj specs
of
> >> 2.4ohm, if they convert to P&H.
> >Just the Holley or doing multipu TBIs  which would be 4  1.2s
> Can I reasonably blow off covering this possibility? I hope so.

I guess, Holley says no problem, but they make money selling new ecms when
they fail.  Maybe two of the modules from somethin would wind up working.