'165 switching both fans from the ECM?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat May 27 03:55:12 GMT 2000

Somehow, I just knew you didn't want to do things the easy way. : )
Well, I'm looking at the ecm pinouts for an 89 F car, and it appears
that the ecm controls 2 fans.  The vettes are similar, but I won't
swear that the wiring is the same.  Pin C1 is for the primary fan, pin
D11 controls the secondary fan.  D11 is wired in parallel with a temp
switch in the cylinder head.

Since you haven't mentioned it yet, are you using this in a v6 car, or
an 8 cyl?  Worst case, use one relay to control 2.  It's kind of
kludgy, but it will definitely work.
Shannen