UPDATE, Swapped to carb to rule out ignition.. Holley 4160 - 1850

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Wed May 31 23:05:26 GMT 2000

In a message dated 5/31/00 6:48:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kereyn at gte.net
writes:

> OK, a wacky idea, but if your O2 readings are even *close*, and the carb
>  made that much of a difference, and barring the wacky way GM designed these
>  things to work I'll ask a basic question. What size was the carb, and with
>  whatever you've done to your TBI, what size do you think it is? If stock
>  it's around 500-525cfm and even if you've modded it up to 575-600, that
>  would be still be under most 4bls.
>
>  Just a thought.
>
>  Kevin R

Aren't 4bbl carb CFM ratings kind of like 'gross' HP?  sort of unrealistic?
I don't know this, but that is the idea that I always had.  Doesn't a 350
with 100% VE flow something like 550 cfm at 5500rpm?  Most 4bbl carbs start
around 650cfm which would be pointless if the two numbers really correlated.
Apples and Oranges?
Just wondering,
Ted