7747 vs 8062

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Oct 2 10:18:51 GMT 2000

Reid Bishop wrote:

> Last night, I decided to try the 8062 as opposed to the 7747.  The 8062 has
> the ANKB calibration.  Well,  the folks at Howell were dead wrong.  As far
> as I can tell, this ECM/calibration is MUCH better.
>
> Does anybody have any info on the 8062?  It was only used on 88-91 S10
> trucks, even though they also used the 7747 in '90 and '91.

For those years of S10's with the 4.3, the 8062 was used with
automatics, the 7747 with manual transmissions.  Not all years offered a
manual, hence the 7747 wasn't used for some years.  I assume your engine
swap has an automatic.  Your 7747 chip (AKDX) is for an automatic, but
not for an S10 4.3.  Perhaps the full size trucks tuned the 4.3
differently - hence you had problems with that chip.