Jet Performance scam?

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Mon Oct 2 19:34:14 GMT 2000

At 03:14 PM 9/30/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>I imagine the 87 octane thing happens - heck I can't go to any of 3 stations
>in my area and get fuel that performs consistantly at all. I think it
>depends on how many oil changes they sold the week before ;-P - what octane
>IS brown gas anyway?  Someone ought to sell a portable OCTANE tester kit,
>right next to the EPT's in the drug store.. I'd buy that!

I used to carry a clear 1L flask, pumped a little in that before I filled
the tank.   Whenever gas prices shoot up around here, you'll find that the
93 octane is no longer purple-colored, and sometimes it looks more like
orange juice (cloudy).

Not scientific, but at $1.96/gal if I pay for 93, I want 93!

-> Bob