some longish lessons I do read! - 8625 anyone?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 4 00:08:47 GMT 2000

> Wow - the ole' modem cable is a sizzlin today - just chill everybody.

It's rather easy to say that when your investment is rather limited.
I've been thinking about this most of the day, and I will have a comment or
two about it.

> Anyway just for the record - I think this list is great, people can lurk
or
> not, and I would like to thank those who have helped me with things.
> Although I still do not know why I can't get things to run right on my
8625 -
> anybody got a clue?  I will be ultra-patient if anyone wishes to help me
on
> that, and not scream where's my bin!

You've been here long enough to know what an opened statement that is.
Like talking to the Dr on the phone and saying it hurts, with no other
explaination, and expecting a response.

> Just for the record I am not making a buck off of anyone, and think that
if
> you do, you should really be well versed in the subject matter.

Obsolutely, and totally.
If you openly ADVERTISE as being an expert in my book you better have all
your ducks in order.

I think an
> important item was brought up in that if you are helping someone tune, you
> really should be close enough to them to be able to run, analyze and burn
in
> the same day.  It makes life much easier for the end user - believe me, I
> found out the hard and expensive way. (Or get an aftermarket ecm)

You just can't tune over the phone.  Period, end of conversation.
Trust me, I went thru this with programming 101, with guys all over the
country that had the proper diagnostic equipment, and played lots of games
getting things close.
   Other then burning chips there is a very limited advantage in the non oem
stuff, unless your going real fast.

> I will however take a few bucks to re-burn his chip for a guy at work to
> increase idle speed and take off the speed limiter - I think I can handle
> that.  I don't think that is too wrong.

Too wrong,  ?.    I'm a tad more into black and white, you know what your
doing and charge or refer to others.
You ready to accept the financial reponsibility if he blows a 115 MPH rated
tire at 130 MPH, when the lawyers start talking?.
that's one thing I've never even posted, cause it's that open ended.
If I was to post that, it would be with a huge warning, and I've posted
enough about why I even participate here, that it is for educational
reasons, and understanding engine management.
Bruce