Introduction to the List....

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 15:25:41 GMT 2000

Hello all,
   I just wanted to introduce myself to the list.  My name is Steve Ragusa, and I own 2 GM Fuel Injected performance vehicles.  My first is a '96 Impala SS, that is basically stock except for a cold-air intake and Flowmaster catback exhaust.
   My other project is running well and I've put almost 4,000 miles on it with no "Check Engine" lights, but I know it'll be better once I have some input from the list.  Its an '85 Monte Carlo SS, into which we transplanted a complete 305 TPI motor from a wrecked '87 IROC.  The bottom end is stock, with World Products S/R Torquer heads, SVO 19 lb/hr injectors, Crane 2031 roller cam, and aluminum full-roller rocker arms. I'm also running the Edelbrock TES, high-flow cat, and good exhaust. I ported the upper plenum, and removed the screens from the MAF.  Everything else with the setup is still stock for now...fuel pressure, timing, chip, etc., plus all emissions equipment is in place and functional.  I'm installing an AFPR next week, and going to advance the timing a bit.
   I'm hoping to learn enough about the chip in my Monte to know what I need to change and make it really work with my combo.  The MAF setup has dealt with the bigger cam and heads really well...the car blows almost no emissions on an exhaust scanner.  I'll be lurking for a while until I really understand what's going on :)

   Thanks for listening, err, reading,
       Steve Ragusa
       North Jersey
    '85 TPI Monte SS