Nother thought

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:02:12 GMT 2000

Dave,

Understood.  I'm in class right now but I'll post the PWs that gave me the
100% DC later tonight.  I wrote a convenient VB program that I use to calculate
all sorts of Automotive data.  The DC is based on batch fire cars where
100% DC was equivalent to an injector Pulse Width of 10.0ms at 6000RPMs.
 I'll post the full formula later.  NOTE:  I didn't consider opening and
closing time.  Thus, the DCs could be even higher.  I went over and over
and over swapping out my injectors.  Everyone in MAFB said that I shouldn't
need to go higher than 24lb injectors.  Diacom also reported AOK O2 voltages
at WOT throughout the entire WOT run (0rpms->6500rpms).  I replaced my injectors
SOLELY because of the DCs I was seeing.  Many people told me not to replace
my injectors ... that the 22lb injectors would be enough.  Diacom supported
that.  But, the DCs did not (and I was running 52psi at the rail).  I upgraded
to 24lb SVO injectors based on everyone's recommendations.  Well, with the
24's I was seeing almost 90% DCs at 6500rpms.  Those injectors were on my
car for only an hour before I ordered a set of 30's.  The 30's have acceptable
DCs ... in the order of 77% at 6500rpms ... and, the car idles great.  I
have the injector constant set to 33lb/hr in the PROM and I am running 45psi
at the rail.

I do remember that at 4500rpms my injector pulse width stayed pretty static
until up to 6500rpms.  The fact that the RPMs were increasing and the IPW
remained the same caused the DC to rise substantially.

My butt-o-meter is very inaccurate.  You're talking with someone who couldn't
tell too much of a difference after swapping heads/cam.  But, with the new
SVO injectors (30lb) I noticed a difference in the upper RPMs.  If I get
to the track soon I might be able to prove it :-)

Tim