anti-theft chips ?

Dave Zug. dzug at delanet.com
Thu Oct 5 20:40:02 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Programmer <nwester at eidnet.org>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: anti-theft chips ?

> I'd think that any type of anti-theft system may be a hodge-podge in an
> emergency...
> I'm not much of a software compiler guy, Dave. Been years since I wrote
> basic <G>...if I wanted to do this in
> a 7747 bin--how'd I do it ?? I know somebody wrote code to
> put a speed limiter in a 7747 bin--and it works great. If it's shown
> to me once...I'm a quick learner. I've seen this before somewhere in my
> internet travels, but can't remember where. Somebody mentioned a
> "secret start" sequence -- maybe it was at the GN site, I dunno. I'm not
> sure
> if this would work but, how'd you write:
> 1. If Key on

immediately after the checksum routine place a pointer to a blank location.
checksum is run at key-on, therefore the patch will run immediately after
checksum success.

> 2. If TPS + 70% or A/C signal high, or .... PRNDL in R_DL once

Compare present TPS reference ram location with a $80 or something. If .GT,
then set a ram variable (gotta find an unused bit flag) to true. If not,
False.

When it comes time to lookup the, say, RPM limit, point to a unused prom
location insted of the standard prom location and set it to 1 (25 rpm?) IF
the contents of the flag you set earlier shows improper TPS at key-on.

> 3. Then fuel on ??

I wouldnt mess with fueling - of coarse on a bench it won't be dangerous.

> Will the PCM see this as a one time event at start up--it should I guess?
> If you don't have time help--no problem...I'll try to figure something
out.

I'll try to dig up the code sections. There are 3 areas: JSR after checksum,
subroutine to compare TPS and set flag, and decision to set the spark table
pointer, whick uses another subroutine.  In order to do this WITHOUT
recompiling, the areas in the assembly code that must have JSR's inserted
have to REPLACE a certain amount of code, therefore the FIRST thing to do in
the subroutine is to complete the code that you wiped out for the JSR
instruction.

Again - ON A TEST BENCH!

> Lyndon.

Interrupts