EGR tuning

Ernst denBroeder edenbroe at cisco.com
Fri Oct 6 03:24:43 GMT 2000

Howdy all,

I need some direction in how to go about tuning the EGR tables in '7747.
The computer is controlling a tbi2.8L v6 in a S15 Jimmy.  I'm at the point
now where I'm happy with the current tuning and I want to re-enable the
EGR, however because I'm using a tweaked APAB (4.3L tbi bin) the stock
EGR tables in that chip are not correct for my motor.  I'm experiencing
tip-in hesitation at cruise.

I've combed the archives for EGR info, and I've walked away from that
experience knowing more about how EGR works and how to diagnoise faults
but I couldn't find anything on tuning ideas for EGR.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?  I haven't the foggiest idea
of where to start...

Thanks,
Ernst