749 question(s)

David Cooley n5xmt at triad.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 12:37:08 GMT 2000

At 12:35 AM 10/06/2000, you wrote:
>We get this magazine at school, and I remember someone saying it was in
>this issue and picked on up.  Pretty neat - gave the basics of OBD-II,
>but most of the info, hardware, and software was for ChryCo and
>across-the-pond vehicles.  Nothing much said about the GM version except
>what the protocol name was... I can't ever remember that.

Yep... Their interface they built is ISO-9141-2  Chrysler and asian vehicles.
GM uses 10.4Kbps VPW and Ford uses 41.7Kbps PWM
If you contact the SAE, you can get a book called HS-3000 which is the
complete OBD-II standards as laid out by SAE... it's about $30 or $40.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at triad.rr.com
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
I am Pentium of Borg... Division is Futile!