Nother thought

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sun Oct 8 01:15:01 GMT 2000

I had posted the results of my DC calcs using actual 1/4 mile data a few
months ago - the worst was 85% yes.  Mine idles at 575 and except for the
slightly lower exhaust note sounds completely stock.

Yep.. Dont need the R's from stoplight to stoplight.. a good comprimise and
cost savings proven even with 383 CI.. save the throttlebody money, the
liwer intake money, the hardened pushrod money, the guideplate money, the
fuel pump money, the MAP conversion money ;-) and what you lose id 0.4 sec.
in 1/4 mile - All the gains are in the upper RPM range and street
performance drops off slightly.  Hindsight though - I would have gone with
AFR's.  Oh well - next car. (I'm doing my 92 MAP Z28 convertible up with a 6
speed this winter.. then the sky's the limit for the year after ;-)

Mini-ram didn't take aeway your lower end performance in that setup?