Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode

Dave & Irina Eicher sailors at mwci.net
Tue Oct 10 12:06:43 GMT 2000

My understanding about EGR is: EG is fed back into the intake charge
reducing the O2 in the cylinder. If the fuel is cut back appropriately to
maintain the correct AFR, the effect is like reducing the displacement of
the engine. Properly done, I'm told EGR does improve economy for this
reason. Does anyone have a different understanding? thanks, dave

Dave Eicher
319-295-8348 work deeicher at collins.rockwell.com
319-922-2626 home sailors at mwci.net
319-431-9001 cell