Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Oct 10 13:32:18 GMT 2000

     Exhaust Gas Recirculation is proportionately induced into the Intake
charge
     to Reduce Detonation and Oxides of Nitrogen Emission levels. The key is
     Supression of Detonation . Detonation is a great way to trim 15% power
     output , damage cylinder walls , pistons , rings and rod bearings, to name
     a few of the problems that are associated. EGR is kin to artificial Octane
     in a pollution controlled combustion engine.
     Len