Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Oct 10 19:08:22 GMT 2000

>The mechanism for Detonation  doesn't differ much in any era. P / VCMs
>control it with
   knock sensors and proportioning EGR versus Throttle angle , 02 ,  MAP ,
ETC.
   Funny , Race Cars Don't have EGR , just 108 / 125  MON Fuel with LEAD .
   Oil in chamber or a sloppy tune up will torch a Race Engine real Quick.
Try a Leanout
  on an Alcahol Burner and pump the pistons out the headers. Detonation at
it's finest moment.
  In 35 Years of successful  Engine Building for Multi Enviornments, I
don't belive I have It backwards.
  Some Engine Combinations are less prone to Detonation , all can be , with
proper breathing and tuning.
  We're both arriving at the same place , expressed differently.    Let the
60 s in the past where they are !!
  An Inert component added to the mixture is kin to adding octane by
Slowing  combustion and Cooling the chamber.
   Better than Detonation and NOx , as I see it .
   Len