Pocket programmer users...

Edward J. Malkiewicz krazyed at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 11 04:08:51 GMT 2000

> I seem to be having trouble with mine.  I'll run a blank check on an
> eprom(27c256), it checks blank and then when I try to program the chip, it
> comes up error.  Some work and some don't.  Also, after I erased a chip, and
> do a blank check it still finds data....even after it sat in the eraser for
> 24 min.  Could be a couple bad chips I guess.  Any advice!  TIA!!

    I had a similar problem with mine. I spoke with the new owners,
    and was told that they knew what the problem was, and would fix it
    for a price. Price wasn't bad, but I had one of the guys at work fix it.
    They (Intronics now called Xtronics) told me what the bad parts were.
    They were only a couple dollars, and in stock at a local electronics
    shop. Sorry I can't remember what they were. Their new web address:

        http://xtronics.com/memory/EPROM.htm

    Hope this helps.

        Ed
--