Fuel Econ and Hiway Mode

David Cooley n5xmt at triad.rr.com
Wed Oct 11 13:42:11 GMT 2000

At 08:58 AM 10/11/2000, you wrote:

>Heh...GM did that already in the 4.3CFI motor. It injects small pieces of
>carbon that sometimes get caught in the pintle if the LEGR. Makes idle sound
>like a cam, but dont do much for the vacuum assisted brakes :-P
>
>FWIW: people having probs with carbon chunks, TOMCO makes a EGR gasket with a
>screen in it P/N 2-1357

Had that prob with my 93 Jimmy with the 200HP CPI 4.3...  Thermostat, jet
chip, Edelbrock tubular headers, K&N air filter and 3" cat back exhaust
REALLY woke it up...  Was running 14.50's at the track and would smolder
the 295-50-15 BFG Radial T/A's I put on it...
What really sucks was it was a company car and they wouldn't sell it to me
when the lease was up... My boss took it and gave it to his kid.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at triad.rr.com
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
I am Pentium of Borg... Division is Futile!