reading a Knock Sensor

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Thu Oct 12 08:38:56 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: spidy <spidy at picknowl.com.au>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2000 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: reading a Knock Sensor

>If you can cut the knock board off of an old memcal you can use it to drive
>a LED instead of feeding the CPU a digital sig.

Checkout a picture on DIY_FTP called "knock.jpg or knock_filter.jpg" (I
think), I posted that there a while back, anyway, I measured the various
voltages on the pins and you will notice the O/P to indicate knock is
actually a 0 - 8V signal, not 0 - 5V, you 'probably' should drive an LED
from this point via a transistor not directly.

Ross Myers