730 Pump Shot

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 12 16:15:57 GMT 2000

I'll ask this question again since I didn't receive a response the first
time ... ... anybody?

First let me say that I downloaded every archive I could find (diy_efi and
gmecm).  I've also read every article I could find.  I have a really good
understanding of accleration enrichment (pump shot).  I've even modified
this in my 730 bin to account for the MiniRam and bigger TB.  However, I
freely admit that the table presented in TunerCat, WinBin, etc and shown
in the anht_hac.pdf makes ZERO sense to me.

As the %TPS increases the multiplier decreases.  I would think that as the
%TPS became larger then you would need more fuel and therefore have a bigger
multiplier???  The 747 ECMs pump shot makes sense ... as the %TPS gets bigger
the usec of extra pulse width gets bigger.  The 730 seems backwards to me.
 Can anyone explain this?  The archives and the articles discuss acceleration
enrichment out the wazzoo.  But, nobody addresses the layout of this table
in the 730 and defines what %TPS is and what the Multiplier actually multiplies.
 Furthermore, nobody explains the trend in the 730 pump shot table ... as
%TPS increases the multiplier decreases.  Seems backwards.  I know I am
missing something ... but, what?

Tim