730 Pump Shot

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 12 18:30:30 GMT 2000

>From 90% TPS to 100% just takes a small fraction of AE compared to
>20-30%.

Bruce, that makes sense.  But, what I don't understand is why at 0% TPS
has a multiplier is 100.0 and 50% Differential TPS has a multiplier of only
25.0 [insert confused look here].  That makes zero sense to me.  Opening
the throttle 50% needs a much bigger pump shot as compared to not opening
the throttle at all (0%).  Yet 0% has a mult of 100 and 50% has a mult of
25.  Again - I think that I am missing something really simple here that
one comment may bring to light.

Is Differential TPS = the delta between two throttle openings? i.e. idle-
>WOT = 0%-100% or 100% Differential TPS?

Furthermore, what does the multiplier multiply?

Tim