730 Pump Shot

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:18:20 GMT 2000

>AE can be a very slippery slope, and alot varies by combo., now with
>that said, usually best to tamper with it very little if at all possible,

Believe me ... I would prefer not to mess with it ... but, my modifications
demand it.  The MiniRam coupled with a bigger TB and higher flow ducting
necessitates an increased pump shot.  I was able to get rid of an off-idle
to WOT stumble by increasing the pump shot.  Thus, it can be very useful
on cars that have seriously diverted from the original GM engine for which
the BIN was designed.

>The AE mulitpliers are TPS, MAP, and for CTS.
>They are all used in the general fuel calulation.  Where all the fueling
>is multiplied out for figuring the total injector on time.

Yes.  I know this.  But , again, can anyone explain the AE table (% Diff.
TPS vs. Mult) for the 730 ECM as given in the anht_hac.pdf?  That is all
I am trying to figure out and it seems that nobody really knows.

My experimentation has shown that increasing the values in the table increases
the pump shot.  Although I have found this to be true I still don't understand
the actual table format...
Why does 0% TPS have a 1.0 (or 100%) multiplier and 50% TPS have only a
0.25 (or 25% multiplier).  A greater %TPS difference requires more pump
shot.  So, why is the multiplier SMALLER?  How can a 0% TPS have a 100%
Multiplier?!?

Tim