730 Pump Shot

NickG nikog at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 12 23:24:13 GMT 2000

One thing to consider in the TPI system is that the fuel pressure increases
with lower manifold vacuum. Thus, when you step on the gas a little bit, the
manifold vacuum drops a bit, and the fuel pressure rises a little. When you
go WOT, the greatest change in manifold vacuum occurs, and the fuel pressure
rises to the max setting.

Obviously, more fuel pressure causes more fuel to be sprayed by the
injectors. Maybe that's why the pump shot table has decreasing values as the
%TPS increases. The TBI/'747 setup does not change the fuel pressure
according to manifold vacuum.

Nick