Tuning question for 730 ECM

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:31:54 GMT 2000

Blade,

That is the Mandatory Torque converter lockup point. No matter what ...
the ECM commands TC lockup at that MPH. If you plot your Vehicle Speed you'll
notice that the speed still increases even though your RPMs drop.

The newest TC calibration file has a setting in the ECM Constants section
called "TCC Unlock Prevention Speed Threshhold". That should be the mph
that you see your RPMs dropping. Only problem is ... even if you bump up
this setting it doesn't seem to work  I verified that TC is using the correct
BIN addresses. They are 100% correct ... but, I think that I am still seeing
lock. Modify this parameter to a higher mph ... like 115mph. Burn a new
chip and then try again. Let me know if it works for you.

Tim