Tuning question for 730 ECM

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Sun Oct 15 00:38:51 GMT 2000

>78 MPH is it?

As pulled from the HAC...
L831D: FCB 76 ; UNLOCK PREVENTION THRESH, (76 MPH)

>If you change the parameter, the computer might be defeating your attempt
>since some of the RPM readings (therefore perhaps others as well?) will
>change themselves *internally* back to 4800 when the RPM is at 4800
>or above. I dont know if speed acts this way in certain cases - I only
>know this from being in the room when someone else was pouring over
>the code for another reason.

Dave - that's interesting.  I am saying that because I believe that the
TC still locks up even if you modify the MPH and make it higher.  Could
you give more detail on what you said about RPM readings changing internally?
 I'm not quite following you but I want to :-)

>Watch out with some of those software packages - the position and scaling
>of a byte can be wrong... CROSS REFERENCE THE CHANGED LOCATION
> WITH THE HAC's! doing this can save you some headaches.

heh heh ... no problem there :-)  I'm the one who referred TC to put this
parameter into the definition file.  I pulled it from the anht_hac.pdf on
ECMGuy's site.

Tim