Programmer choices....

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Sun Oct 15 03:18:03 GMT 2000

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, D. Barry Stubbs wrote:

> Looking over the choices of programmers in my budget.  That's a joke
> right there, but I do what I can.  So far I've come up with these two:
>
> Needham's EMP-10: http://rocky.digikey.com/USCatalog/V3/233.PDF
>
> Unknown brand:
> http://www.jameco.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=91&prrfnbr=3379&cgrfnbr=501&ctgys=
>
> Oooo, nasty link... sorry about that.  Anywho, comments or other
> recommendations?  I chose those not only due to price but also because
> they interface via the parallel port... a self-imposed requirement.

I'm looking at the pocket programmer:

	http://xtronics.com/memory/EPROM.htm

It seems to be well liked low cost programmer and the page also lists a
eprom emulator that allows for changing memopry locations in real time. It
does not have any arbitration logic so it may be a little dangerous to
make changes on a running vehica but the price can't be beat AFAIK.

Anyone have experience with these items?

Andrew McRory - President/CTO        amacc at iron-bridge.net *****************
The PC Doctor, Inc.                  www.pcdr.com            850-575-7213 **
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc.     www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 **
Contributed RPMS for RedHat and Caldera   ftp://ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub   **