TCC Stuff

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 00:25:15 GMT 2000

In a message to the List, Shannen writes:

<<  there must be something else controlling it.  Looking at mph on the scan
tool is no guarantee that you're seeing what's actually happening, only the
symptoms.  A quick glance through the ANHT hac tells me RPM can also be a
factor in tcc apply.  >>

   Based on my experience with the original CCC setup in my '85 Monte Carlo
SS (HO 305, 200-4R tranny) and now with the TPI setup ('87 TPI 305 F-body
harness) the TCC also applies based on TPS values and RPM.  With the Computer
Controlled Carb, it would lock once it hit about 2200 rpm at light cruise in
3rd gear, but stay unlocked if I was really on it.  Same with the '87 TPI
harness...it stays unlocked until I back off the throttle.  When the TCC
solenoid fries in a 200-4R, it stays locked all the time, and makes the
tranny shift really wierd :)

     SSee ya,
        Steve Ragusa
         North Jersey
     '85 TPI Monte SS - more like an F-body in a G-body
        '96 Impala SS
Check 'em out @ http://www.angelfire.com/nj/Driven85SSDirectory