Help- Idle is driving me NUTS!

Reid Bishop rbish at ibm.net
Tue Oct 17 04:58:27 GMT 2000

Programmer asks:

>> Got your bin that you used last handy ?
>> Wouldn't mind looking at it...
>> Lyndon.

Sure... I'm actually making good progress on it now- idle is very
respectable, and everywhere else is getting very close to ideal.  Here's
what I did to nail down the problem:

1)  Replaced O2 with genuine AC-Delco.
2)  Smoothed out timing at idle, and bumped it up a couple more degrees.
3)  Worked on the VE tables some more.  Amazing how much fuel I ended up
pulling out.
4)  Disabled EGR at idle (or so I think I did anyway...)

I ended up pulling so much fuel out, it now is a tad rough in open-loop, but
sure beats what I had before.  I'm looking at changing the bias of the O2 at
idle to maybe help me correct this.

Got an e-mail where I can send the bin to ya?