ALDL stream recycle time

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Tue Oct 17 11:58:24 GMT 2000

>Is it possible (I'm not asking HOW) to increase the rate at which you get
>updates in the ALDL stream by shortening the list of items to be
>transmitted?

Some GM training notes I've read say the different Mode1 messages are there
for that purpose, so for some ABS messages all they have is wheel speed
sensor data and that's it, makes for a faster update.
Having said that, somebody who knows the running code better than I might
tell you the ECM will only respond to a serial data response xx amount of
times per second no matter how short the data stream, afterall it has more
important things to do :-)

Ross Myers