two new papers, '747 stuff.

rrauscher at nni.com rrauscher at nni.com
Tue Oct 17 12:57:37 GMT 2000

Reid,

Now that you have mentioned it, I remember something about
this. Either the ecm needs a restart (turn engine off
for at least 5 secs), or the vehicle needs to get over a
couple of mph. I think that it is the ecm restart that does it.

Wow, it was too long ago that I set mine, and I had the
same problem. (I need to put this is the write-up.) Once the
IAC was close, I'd just give it an 1/8th turn or so, then start
the engine. Can you let me know if the ecm restart does the trick?

BobR.

>Good reading Bob... very good.
>
>I have a question:  This weekend I tried Bruce's suggestion about opening up

>the throttle stop to lower IAC counts, but my IAC counts refuse to drop
>below about 35 or so (and of course my idle RPM starts to increase).  Is
>there any mechanical reason that might cause this?  I fully cleaned the IAC

>when I rebuilt the TBI, and it definitely goes the other way as it should,

>and it also parks correctly.

<snip>