tuning q for 730 ecm

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:07:34 GMT 2000

I think that its hit or miss whether you lock the TC or not for track use.
 A LOT of GN guys lock the TC.  This is why Precision Industries created
TC's with multi-clutch designs.  There's a group of people who will swear
that they gain 0.1 and 1mph for locking up the TC in all gears above first.
 So - when the car hits second the TC locks.  Some people have tried this
'trick' and not seen anything.  There's even a couple magazine articles
which show car gaining a tenth by manually locking the coverter above first
gear.  I personally have never tried it.  However, I might try it this weekend
for shits and giggles to see if it works.

Tim