749 ( typhoon ) Code in a 730 ECU with a V8

Gorden Jennings gjennings at extremenetworks.com
Wed Oct 18 21:44:21 GMT 2000

Hi All,

Has anyone gotten this to work on a v8, yes I have read the archives and I
did not see a successful reply, but may have missed it. I am having problems
getting this to work. I have set the cylinder number to 8 in the Ty code. I
am using the memcal that the anht code came in so my cylinder select should
be OK from a code and hardware point of view. This is a 406 SBC V8 that we
installed TPI using the 730 with the anht code, this worked great. Then a
Paxton supercharger was installed and we started to tune for it and found
out the rising rate fuel regulator from Paxton would not keep consistent
pressure as it was restricting the normal fuel regulator, one day would be
42 psi static and the next day may be 38 the next 40. Trying to tune the
lower end of the scale was becoming a problem. We decided to run the ty code
as I have one and have tuned them for my friends also. Installed the code
with the appropriate changes so it would work on a V8 onto the 730 ECU and
it would not idle, start then sputter and then die. This would happen no
matter where the bpw constant was set. I then took my 749 ECU out of my ty
and got the same result so I do not feel it is ECU related. The anht code
seems to tickle an area of the code that has to do something with the timing
of the code and the Ty code does not. I have just started to trouble shoot
this problem and was looking for any insight from the list to what direction
I should take.

I also have a question concerning the register at location 3ffc. I noticed
the anht code sets this register value to fb1a and the Ty code set this
register to eb1a. Does anyone know what this one bit difference represents?
Thanks for any replies you may have.

Regards
Gorden