7747 spark control questions.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Oct 19 17:20:44 GMT 2000

> I would get a bog when trying to pull out quick. Normal (?)
> driving would be fine. It's a Performer RPM manifold with
> no heat crossover, and a valley baffle. Runs cold.

And you'll never get 8 plugs to look right.  Blocking the heat to a dual
plane is no answer.  You'd be alot further ahead to go with a low rpm single
plane.  Wieand makes 2 for the SBC, and if you want nice top end with a TBI
the 7525 is really nice IMB  (In My Book, hahaha, I just coined a nuther new
term).
   An unheated dually takes a bunch more pump shot.  You can get them to run
OK steady state, and in slow transistions, but the crispness needed for like
spirited driving will never be there.
   I bet I've got close to a 1,000 hours in trying to get cold dually to run
their best.  It was frustrating to see what just bolting in a cheap single
plane did.   I gave a tad off idle away, but picked up everywhere.
Bruce

 I knew it