GN injector offset

John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM
Thu Oct 19 19:31:33 GMT 2000

I didn't see this posted, maybe it makes things clearer for someone

I have run tests which include injector offset, actually it was part of my
undergrad thesis.  What Siemens does is run the injector at 2.5 ms PW, and
3bar pressure, 10 hz for a certain amount of time, collecting the fluid
(usually n-heptane, but for back to back comparison, gasoline is fine), and
calculating the flow rate in mg/pulse form.  Then, hold the injector open
(apply 14VDC), again collecting and weighing coming up with a g/s flow
rate.  You then have a point (mg/pulse), and a slope (g/s).  Plot this line
on a flow rate (mg/pulse) vs pulse width (ms) graph, and where the line
intersects the x-axis (usually between 0.4 and 0.8 ms) is the offset time.
You'll probably want to do multiple runs and average to get a better
comparison of the injectors.

Roger Heflin <rah at horizon.hit.net>@diy-efi.org on 10/17/2000 10:44:23 PM

Please respond to gmecm at diy-efi.org

Sent by:  owner-gmecm at diy-efi.org

cc:
Subject:  Re: GN injector offset

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Scott & Jennifer Peitzsch wrote:

> Would any of you who are familiar with the GN PCM/bin care to tell me
> if it includes an injector offset vs. battery voltage table?  I'm using
> a set of stock GN 30lbers (0 280 150 218) in my LT1 and wouldn't mind
> updating this data in the LT1 PCM if its readily available.

I believe the Lt1 edit people are putting that in (or already have).

I don't know if a 93 LT1 computer has it, it probably does, and it
probably is not too hard for me to find.

Any idea on how you go about testing a new set of injectors for this
sort of parameters?   I have been running some Ford SVO 30's on my 93
for a couple of years and I am noticing some odd idle BLM's (one side
is rich, other is lean) but at higher than idel throttle everything
looks good, and the only thing I can figure out is the injectors are
acting oddly (not opening fast enough or 1-2 injectors slower than the
others).

                    Roger