749 ( typhoon ) Code in a 730 ECU with a V8

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 23:58:45 GMT 2000

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I thought the info might serve
some purpose.
I ran the 749 code in a 730 with a 6cyl.  The 6cyl also had DIS.  I couldn't
get the DIS to respond to the 749 code, BUT I must say that from a fueling
standpoint, everything worked fine.  Quite frankly, with the advance that was
built into the DIS unit, and some very basic fuel tuning, the car ran great!
(At least compared to the old carby!)

Hope this info. is at least somewhat useful.
Ted

PS  I made NO wiring changes.