1227727 INJ.DRV.

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Fri Oct 20 14:24:59 GMT 2000

Some of the stuff  I have read says that they put the large fuses in the
system to handle 'peak ' current loads.
The HEI is a good example , even though I've never seen more than about 2.5
amps at max RPM on the bench
it is factory fused for 10 amps. An analog or digital meter would not
respond fast enough to see the peak current.
A current shunt or clamp on current probe connected to a scope would capture
the peak current signature.

Don

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.