7747 spark control questions.

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 20 15:16:49 GMT 2000

Geesh, I must just be lucky then.  I'd heard of a couple bullentins, but
nothing approaching what you've relayed here,  THANKS.
I'd found two Dissys that were replaced under some program, and have used
them, without a problem.
Maybe, I just set things up a little on the rich side, and keep the firing
voltage demands down enough that it isn't a problem???.

Just to expand on a theme here,
Are you running slightly lower operating temps.?.
I've been playing with some aftermarket GN stuff and they are generally
tuned for a 160 operating temp, and I'm using a 190, and just moving the AFR
a tad makes for a realllyyyyyy nice set up.
I'm getting more convinced then ever that 190s are the only way to go.
I know that flies in the face of what's commonly repeated as way to go
faster, but it's just what works for me.
Bruce

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org