3.1 v6 in Chevy Lumina 1227727 ecm with AMAS 7004 PROM

Lafferty, John John.Lafferty at camcare.com
Fri Oct 20 17:58:17 GMT 2000

Anyone,

I recently purchased a 90 Chevy Lumina with 3.1 V6 ecm:1227727, PROM
AMAS7004.  According to the
Chevy dealer, the AMAS 7004 is not listed for this model.  Anyway,  problem
is that It runs just fine, but the
speedodometer is running 15mph lower than it should.  Is this a PROM
problem, or can the service dept
'reconfigure' my ecm to calibrate the speedometer.  I know the VSS(speed
sensor) is good because I can install a different
ecm/PROM and it works just fine(except the engine doesn't run correctly with
the other PROM).
Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

John Lafferty
mailto:jlafferty at camcare.com