new paper

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Sat Oct 21 07:24:51 GMT 2000

Sure thing!. Thanks to Lyndon (Programmer) for getting my brain working to
actually write things down.

People have modified code before usually the "big guys" have a complete
disassembly and simply put their code mods in and re-assemble. My patch was
fairly small and I did not have a disassembled version and besides showing
the dual spark table thing, It shows a technique for simple Assembly code
patches without a using a compiler.  Of coarse a certain degree of assembly
programming understanding is needed. One thing about patching this way
verses the assembler way is that all the ECM-tools (GMEPro etc) will still
work using this patch method. An assembler will "bump" code but as long as
your DATA area is not moved you're okay. Be careful, the 730 and 727 have
DATA areas before and AFTER the code areas. An assembler / compiler will not
move these as long as the ORG statements do not change.

Hope someone finds it thought provoking.. Thanks for the opportunity and the
list, Steve and People!

Any feedback, public ridicule, etc is welcome ;-)