Fun with OTC 4000, and 2 questions...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 21 13:16:04 GMT 2000

>    Here's the specs on the combination...'87 auto 305 TPI F-body MAF
wiring
> harness (stock chip), motor has Crane 2031 roller cam, roller rockers, and
> World Products S/R Torquer heads with 1.94/1.50 valves. Base timing is set
> around 9*, so with the computer hooked up the OTC shows 20* at idle in
drive
> (600 rpm).
>    My O2 volts were .14-.73 while cruising
>    My O2 crosscounts were 0-4
>    IAC was 35 in Park, 65 @ 34 mph in 3rd gear (automatic)
>    MAF was showing 8 g/s at cruise, up to 163 g/s @ WOT
>    INJ pulsewidth was 8.5 @ WOT
>    INT value stayed at 128 on the entire trip
> Now for question #1...the BLM # was fluctuating between 143-158, so this
> means that the motor is running a little lean, and the computer is
> compensating?

Yes.

 If so, would an adjustable fuel pressure regulator fix this
> last bit of the puzzle?

Is it *lean* evrywhere?.
FP changes are universal.

  Or is an AFPR only helpful at WOT?

> Here's question #2...my TPS volts at idle are .56 and swings to around 3.7
or
> so at WOT.  Do I  need to see over 4 volts at WOT for the computer to
realize
> its at WOT?

I'd first check the mechicals again.  Made sure the cable is allowing the
linkage to go back to idle with no preload, and that at WOT the throttle
shaft is in at WOT.
Then do a min idle speed adjustment.
Bruce

 I'm using an F-body throttle cable and TV cable in my

http://www.angelfire.com/nj/Driven85SSDirectory/HeartTransplant.html