Tuning for new injectors

Scott & Jennifer Peitzsch jlg-sep at mediaone.net
Sun Oct 22 01:31:50 GMT 2000

Well, I finally got around to installing my GN 30lb injectors this
morning along with updating the injector offset vs. voltage table in
my LT1 PCM to the one from a GN.  The good news is that the used
boneyard injectors work just fine.  They only required some xylene,
a set of new O-rings and some paint to look just like new again.  They
also brought my WOT pulsewidths back to a reasonable level (19ms at 6000)
The bad news is that its going to take some experimentation to get the
injector offset table right.  Here's the scoop-

With the GN injectors (0 280 150 218) installed, FP set to 45 PSI,
injector constant set to 29.9 and GN offset table programmed, the
BLM's stay near 128 at idle, but the car starts VERY hard.  Its getting
too much fuel during cranking and needs to be put into flood-clearout
mode to start up.

When I switch back to the stock LT1 24 lb offset table, the car starts
much better, but the BLM's skyrocket to 160+ at idle and return back to
128 once I give it a bit of throttle and get the pulsewidths up.

So, what I need to do is combine the cranking offset from the LT1
injectors (say, less than 10V or so) with the operating voltage offset
from the GN injectors (at say 12V and above).  Anyone have any advice
on how to do this a bit more cleverly than just guessing, but without
having to pull the injectors back out to actually measure it?<g>

-Scott