Fun with OTC 4000, and 2 questions...

OneSS2NV at aol.com OneSS2NV at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 04:05:52 GMT 2000

In a message to the List, Bruce writes:

<< Is it *lean* evrywhere?.
 FP changes are universal. >>

   it seems to be...the INT #s were up there for the whole 30 minute drive we
took...and we checked it at WOT, cruise, and idle.  I'm gonna install the
AFPR tomorrow, and report back my findings, since I still have the OTC.

And suggested about my TPS volts at WOT...

<< I'd first check the mechicals again.  Made sure the cable is allowing the
linkage to go back to idle with no preload, and that at WOT the throttle
shaft is in at WOT. >>

   Bruce, that's where the problem was.  After I had the tranny rebuilt, the
shop never re-set the TV cable.  I re-adjusted it yesterday, and now all is
well.  It still shifts hard at WOT, but part-throttle cruising is much
better...no more whiplash on the 1-2 shift.

    Thanks again,
        Steve Ragusa
         North Jersey
      '85 TPI Monte SS