Speed sensor question

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 05:32:55 GMT 2000

Anyone know how to use a stock cruise control speed sensor on a 7747 ECM? I
am trying to use a Jeep cruise control speed sensor and interface to a 7747.
I measured an increasing A/C voltage with speed that gave 1.7 VAC at 30 MPH
with this sensor connected directly to my DVM. I couldn't tell if the
frequency was varying also, but it probably is. I was told that the TBI ECM
needs a square wave input. Is there a cheap and dirty circuit that will
convert this A/C signal to the proper signal without affecting the cruise
control box? I'll be glad to pay for any helpful suggestions. I don't care if
the sensor gives me the right speed, I just need to reset the idle speed
control logic so my IAC motor will work correctly. If I have a legit TCC
lockup requirement, I'll spring for the right sensor.

Thanks,

JW