initial timing

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:06:51 GMT 2000

> but does the setting on the chip for initial
>or start up timing need to match your actual base timing?

It only needs to match if you want the reporting on a Scan Tool to be correct.
 As an example, I use to run a constant of 6deg in the PROM but yet have
my base timing set at 10deg.  I always had to remember to add 4 degrees
to my diacom runs when I was looking at the Spark Advance values.  The biggest
thing to keep in mind is that you HAVE TO REMEMBER that you are actually
running the delta advance/retard that you have dialed in even though you
don't have it dialed into the EPROM.

>Also, how do we know when our injectors are maxed out?

Heh heh.  You'll get lots of answers on this one :-)  IMHO - I believe that
if you are hitting 90+% Duty Cycles at max RPMs at WOT then you should *consider*
a swap.  If you are at 95-100% DCs at max RPMs at WOT then I would bypass
the 'consider swap' and just swap them.

Tim