DFCO Questions.

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Mon Oct 30 06:39:56 GMT 2000

Hi All,

I've been playing around with the Decell Fuel cut cals in my car which as
per usual means I need to ask the collective experts some questions.
Basically I lowered the values to allow DFCO at lower speeds, lower RPM's
etc.
My questions -

1 - In the factory tune I think they don't cut the fuel off completely, the
"DFCO MULTIPLIER STEP VALUE" is not set to $FF instead it is at $60, does
this actually mean the fuel is not totally cut?, why would it be like this?.
The V6's have it set to $FF.

2 - Is there any likely problems (mechanically) setting the DFCO enable
values so low that it occurs nearly everytime you take you foot off (apart
from the car slowing down).

3 - In 5th gear (manual of course) at 80kmh the car sits at about 1400RPM
going down hill, this RPM is still too low to enable fuel cut, so should I
be worried about how low I set the min RPM for DFCO?, I was thinking around
1250 or so.

Thanks,
Ross Myers
Melbourne, Australia