Switching on P4 O/P's.

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Fri Sep 1 12:40:17 GMT 2000

Ross Myers wrote:

> I did notice in all the routines that Delco wrote they have a JSR to an RTS
> after they write to any of the 45148 I.C's PWM O/P's. Any idea why?

The TIO (ECU? ie. the 1604 5148) requires a certain amount of time before
it can accept another operation - this is fairly common for some types of
peripherals. It may indicate that the TIO is microcoded rather than hardwired.

Peter

PS. Use my assembler (ASHC11) and convert those JSR and RTS instructions to
meaningful CALL and RET equivalents - I've almost finished new documentation.