Carchat and scan tools.

Rob Berg rgberg at srv.net
Wed Sep 6 00:18:55 GMT 2000

Mike,

I should have an updated version coming out in a couple of weeks with
several improvements, such as user configurable gauges.

The gauge values can be changed right now by modifying the channels.Cfg
file's formula for that particular byte.  Look at this file for a brief
explanation.

That parsing error has to do with the formula(s) executing with hoky data
coming in.  I'm trying to add a LOT more error checking, but it's hard to
forsee everything. That's why you guys help me out by giving me feedback.

As for the source,  I'd prefer to keep it right now.  I can imagine
tracking bugs down with umpteen versions floating around.  Besides, some of
the libraries for the gauges aren't public domain, so the code wouldn't do
you much good anyway.  Sorry..  By the way, it's written in Delphi.. Pascal
die hard at heart..

I'm trying to make a generic program to allow for different things to be
displayed for different folks, patience...

PS: The program's called CarChat.

Rob Berg