LT-1 Heads

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 05:13:51 GMT 2000

OK, this is the answer I got from the guy selling the LT-1 heads and manifold.

>>If you use the heads with another intake it will not work without the
modifications you specified.  The heads and intake will bolt onto your block
and work just fine.  (A friend and I checked the water holes on a block he
had to make absolutely sure.)<<

This guy claims the LT-1 heads and manifold will fit my Gen-1 block. Can I
change the flow direction through the heads and they still work right? If the
heads were designed for the lower temp water coming in from the radiator
first, will they detonate  with the higher temps by standard flow cooling?

Shannen, I understood your comment to mean that the manifold has no cooling
passages. If thats true, would I have to thread in a cooling nipple at the
front of each head?

Thanks, and I'll let it die after this, I just can't pass up a short runner
Corvette manifold this easy. <------ token EFI content

JW